Monday, February 20, 2006

Essay #1 Draft Due Thursday

Seeing how this is the first post I'll make on the blog, I figured it would be wise to let you all know that I'll be assigning a working draft of your Orwell essay for Thursday the 23rd of February.

Just some basic rules for this blog thing:
  1. No bad words. Usage of bad words is strictly my priviledge.
  2. No calling people stupid, or implying that they're not as intelligent as you. That's my job.
  3. No posting assignments here, or posting of anything not related to class--unless it's something you think your academic peers would appreciate.
That's about it for rules. Please use the comment section at the bottom of each post to add, well, questions or comments. Feel free to add links to certain items you think are worthy of being linked to, but not without an explanation of what you're linking to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

hmmm. . . these rules seem a bit Orwellian to me. The times are a bit screwed up, too.

February 20, 2006 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey the date for the draft of the Orwell essay is a little soon dont you think? I mean maybe we could move it to Tuesday and you could expect a well rounded draft of an essay?

February 20, 2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Well, you've done a bit of the research and pre-writing already, so I imagine it won't be too hard to get a draft out by Thursday (if you've done your homework). And besides, I want you to have a draft to work on so you can workshop on Thursday and have the weekend to review responses and revise for another draft that will be due next Tuesday, which will again be workshopped, and then the final draft will be due on Thursday. That's what I'm envisioning for the schedule here. We're running out of time playing around with responses and exercises.

February 20, 2006 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home